The d3dx9_35.dll error is commonly found when a video game tries to utilize Microsoft DirectX. Other programs can use this, but it is generally a gaming issue.
Some of the games that have been reported this error are:
• Guitar hero
• Red Alert 3
• Ninja Blade
• Lambless bread
• EVE online
• NullDC ( Sega Dreamcast Emulator)
• Company of Heroes
• The Witcher
• PlayStation 2 emulator
• Breakpoint 2008
• Irth Worlds
• Call of Duty 4
• Civilization IV
• PDC World Championship Darts 2008
This is not a complete list of affected games, but these are games that have reported the error. Since DirectX word with video enhancement of 3D images, any game or program that uses 3D could be affected by this error.
File Not Found
The d3dx9_35.dll error is caused by Windows not being able to locate the file. The file may be corrupted, deleted, or missing. Generally, the error happens when you load up the game. It occurs even before the advanced graphics are loaded.
Common error messages include:
“D3dx9_35.dll not found. Reinstalling might help fix this.”
“D3DX9_35.DLL Not Found”
“File d3dx9_35.dll not found”
“The file d3dx9_35.dll is missing”
“D3DX9_35.DLL is missing. Replace D3DX9_35.DLL and try again.”
“Missing component d3dx9_35.dll”
“This application has failed to start because d3dx9_35.dll could not be found!”
Essentially, your game will not run until this error is resolved. It is highly recommended that you resolve the error at once.
While you may be tempted to go online and try to fix the error by downloading the d3dx9_35.dll file, that can be very dangerous. Among other reasons, downloading a dll file from a free dll site, could damage your computer. The site may accidently give you a corrupted file or even an old outdated file. More serious issues come when the site knowingly or unknowingly has a virus packed in with the file.
You should only download dll files from the original maker. That could mean getting it from the program CD, program website, or through their support system.
You can try a free scan now to see how many errors are on your computer. If you decide to purchase ZookaWare PC Cleaner, then it will get rid of all the errors at once. If you are still not happy, the ZookaWare PC Cleaner offers a unique 60-day money back guarantee.
If you are insistent on fixing it yourself, here are the suggested actions. Follow them at your own risk.
1. First, uninstall any d3dx9_35.dll files that you have installed from an unknown website. Then restart your computer.
Note – If you have DirectX10 on your computer, you may still need DirectX 9. They can both run on your computer at the same time.
2. Next, try running the program again. Many times the error is just a fluke and won’t happen again. If it does continue, then keep following the step.
3. Install the latest version on DirectX9. Go to the Microsoft DirectX 9 website to find the correct updates.
4. If you are still having problems, then try to reinstall DirectX from the game CD. Oftentimes, the game CD will have a version of DirectX you can install directly.
5. If problems still exist, uninstall and reinstall the game on your computer.
6. If you still have problems, then attempt to update your video card from the manufacturer’s website.