Cliproxy.dll Error Message Solution
The file cliproxy.dll was developed by the Symantec Corporation, the company behind the worlds most widely used Antivirus, Norton Antivirus. Symantec developed the cliproxy.dll module especially for the Norton Antivirus, since the software relies on a client proxy server to receive updates regularly. The file cliproxy.dll communicates with the client proxy server and ensures the timely and correct functioning of the auto update feature of the Norton Antivirus.
The cliproxy.dll module controls the Norton LiveUpdate feature. Sometimes users face a problem with the Live Update feature refusing to work. This is seen when you have installed Microsoft’s ISA server on your computer. ISA server is a security gateway program that provides a firewall, authentication and more. If this happens you have to check and make sure that your browser is configured as a web proxy client. If it is, perform the following steps.
* Click ‘Start’ and point to ‘Settings’. Click on ‘Control Panel’.
In the Control Panel, click on ‘Symantec LiveUpdate’.
* In the LiveUpdate Configuration dialog box, select the ‘Internet Options’ in the Control Panel option.
* Click on the Proxy tab. Select the ‘I want to use my Internet Explorer proxy settings’ option.
* Click ‘Apply’ and then click ‘OK’.
If your browser is not configured as a web proxy client,
* Click Start and point to Settings. Click on Control Panel.
* In the Control Panel, click on Symantec LiveUpdate.
* In the LiveUpdate Configuration dialog box, select the Internet Options in the Control Panel option.
* Click on the Proxy tab.
* On the Proxy tab, select the I don’t connect to the Internet through a proxy server option. You select this option because the SecureNAT and Firewall clients are not aware of the Proxy server, and you don’t want the LiveUpdate feature to be aware of it either.
* Now go to the ISA Server Management console at the ISA Server itself (I don’t trust the ISA MMC on remote computers; you can use Terminal Services though, if you want).
* Expand your server name, and then expand the Extensions node. Click on the Application Filters node. Double click on the HTTP Redirector Filter entry in the right pane of the console.
* In the HTTP Redirector Filter Properties dialog box, click on the Options tab.
* On the Options tab, select the Send to requested Web server option. Click Apply and then click OK.
Cliproxy.dll is created by:
Symantec Support Site
Known file path:
C:\ Program Files\ Norton Antivirus\
What is a DLL?
Your operating system comes pre-installed with Microsoft DLL’s and most third party programs also install DLL’s.
DLL (Dynamic Link Library) is Microsoft’s implementation of the shared library concept. Meaning there’s a DLL library on your computer and each DLL can be shared among different Microsoft and third party programs. This shared library method helps your computer run faster by having fewer operations running at the same time.
When a DLL is missing or corrupt it may show an error message and programs may fail or crash.
Because DLL’s are shared, one missing or corrupt DLL may affect multiple programs on your computer.
We Guarantee To Solve Your Cliproxy.dll Problems
Most non-Microsoft DLL’s are copyrighted so downloading them from other websites or software is often illegal and bundled with spyware or other malicious programs.
Our ITZooka software contains Microsoft DLL’s and will detect, download and install missing or corrupt Microsoft DLLs. However, fixing non-Microsoft DLLs like cliproxy.dll usually takes some expert knowledge and manual work.
We’re experts at remotely fixing cliproxy.dll errors, spyware, viruses, slow computers, browser problems and more on all Microsoft Windows operating systems.